Are you considering getting into the campground business or are you in the process of building or buying a park? There’s a lot to learn, and as the saying goes, “you don’t know what you don’t know.” But now, there’s an easy way to tap into the knowledge and experience of industry experts to get answers to your questions. For the first time, the National Association of RV Parks and Campground (ARVC) is offering a workshop exclusively for prospective campground owners.
The three-day workshop will be held on May 4-6 in Colorado Springs, Colo. and will include:
· An introduction to the outdoor hospitality industry, including current trends and insights that can help inform your decision making.
· The pros and cons of building a park vs. buying one.
· Requirements you MUST familiarize yourself with, such as insurance and electrical standards.
· The benefits of hiring a consultant to guide you through the process.
· How to determine if a franchise is right for you.
· The benefits and challenges of remaining independent.
· Financing opportunities.
· Tools of the trade for marketing, accounting, reservations systems, Wi-Fi and other critical factors that will be essential to the success of your business.
The workshop will also include educational tours of three local parks: Two that are part of a franchise and one that is independently owned.
“ARVC is thrilled to support the continued growth of this industry and this workshop is a way to do just that,” says Paula Horwitz, ARVC Executive Director of Education and Events. “By focusing on the unique needs of those new to the industry, attendees will receive the targeted resources, activities, and conversations to send them off with confidence and a clear path to follow."
The cost of the workshop is $499 per person for members, and $999 for non-members, which includes registration, meals and park tours. For more information and to register, visit arvc.org/Prospective-Campground-Owners-Workshop.
Watch the ARVC blog for more updates about this exceptional learning opportunity for prospective campground owners.