(DENVER) The National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (ARVC) will be sending a strong delegation to Washington, D.C. to participate in this year’s RVs Move America (Advocacy Week) as part of the organization’s partnership with the RV Industry Association (RVIA).
“ARVC is dedicated to advocating for our members in every state, but this annual event gives us the opportunity to have our voice heard on a national level,” says Jeff Sims, ARVC’s senior director of public affairs and program advocacy. “Our public affairs team works hard to stay ahead of proposed legislation at all levels. That’s what we’re here for—we’re the watchdog so our members don’t have to worry about it.”
ARVC will be sending a delegation of 11 this year representing ARVC’s nearly 3,000 campground and supplier members nationwide. These delegates are:
- Paul Bambei, ARVC Team (President and CEO); Board member, Outdoor Recreation Roundtable (Colorado)
- David Basler, ARVC Team (VP of Membership and Marketing); Co-Chair, Outdoor Recreation Roundtable Communications Committee (Colorado)
- David L. Berg, Red Apple Campground (Owner); Chair, ARVC Public Affairs Committee, At-Large Representative, ARVC Board of Directors (Maine)
- Heather Blankenship, OHM, Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park at Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg (Owner); Co-Chair, ARVC Young Professionals Committee (Tennessee)
- Jim Button, Evergreen Campsites and Resort (Owner) (Wisconsin)
- Steve Cross, CPO, OHC, Cross Creek Camping Resort (Owner); Member, ARVC Public Affairs Committee, Area 3 Representative, ARVC Board of Directors (Ohio)
- Wade Elliott, Utility Supply Group (Owner); Member, National Electric Code Committee (Washington)
- Kim Huskey, Cherrystone Family Campground (VP of Government Affairs) (Virginia)
- Al Johnson, OHE, Mt. Rushmore/Hill City KOA (Owner); Member, NFPA 1192/1194 Committee, Chair, ARVC Board of Directors (South Dakota)
- Jeff Sims, ARVC Team (Sr. Dir. of State Relations and Program Advocacy); Liaison, ARVC Public Affairs Committee (Missouri)
- Eileen Vaughan, OHM, Mountain Vista Campground (Owner); Member, ARVC Public Affairs Committee, Area 2 Representative, ARVC Board of Directors (Pennsylvania)
Among other topics, the ARVC delegation will be advocating for infrastructure legislation which would improve roads and bridges providing campers easier access to RV parks and campgrounds nationwide.
“We continue to be focused on legislation impacting our members at all levels, fighting hard to make sure government doesn’t encroach on our members’ ability to be successful,” says Sims.
While in Washington, ARVC President and CEO Paul Bambei will also be addressing the RV Caucus—a group of senators and representatives dedicated to the success of the RV industry—on the value of private RV parks and campgrounds to the nation’s economy.
“Every time we are face to face with any politician, we are focused on telling our value story,” Bambei says. “We want them to clearly know the value privately-owned RV parks and campgrounds bring to our nation’s economy.”
If you are interested in joining ARVC’s delegation to Advocacy Week 2020, please contact Jeff Sims at email@example.com or 303-681-0401 x110.