Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Does that sound like your park? Is your park committed to making an environmental impact? If so, your park may be eligible to participate in the ARVC Plan-It Green Friendly Park Program based on a simple evaluation of your park's current green practices.
Parks that would like to be recognized as a Plan-It Green Friendly Park must meet at least nine (9) of the following 16 eco-friendly criteria:
- Demonstrates and communicates conservation, recycling practices to employees, guests.
- Park provides recycle bins for cans, paper, glass and plastic
- Park uses energy-saving products and appliances
- Park uses motion sensors or other lighting control devices
- Park uses non-toxic biodegradable cleaning products
- Park invests in landscaping practices and techniques that minimize water usage
- Park landscaping consists of wood chip, pebble, paved, or grass paths
- Park uses post-consumer recycled products
- Park participates in on-site organic composting
- Park utilizes energy efficient lighting products and solutions
- Park uses programmable devices and/or timers for thermostats and/or sprinkler systems
- Park utilizes renewable energy power sources
- Park uses low voltage lighting kits to light walkways, patios, decks, etc.
- Park uses water-saving faucets, toilets, shower heads, water heaters and/or laundry
- Park utilizes recycled water systems
- Park recycles hazardous waste materials (i.e.: batteries, electronics, toxic chemicals)